Video: Drake Thinks Knee Injury Was ‘In The Plan’

August 18, 2009 by Danny M

“[This is] giving me a chance to come home,” Drake told MTV News about his injury. “With the series of events that have happened since I’ve been home, I’ve finally got my first place in Toronto by myself, which has been an amazing experience. I’ve gotten to see a lot of friends. We did that Toronto show. We had an amazing night — me, [Young] Jeezy and Trey [Songz] and everybody at a restaurant.

“That and the music I started making,” he continued. “I finally made peace with my city. And that was important for me to start this album, because I didn’t feel peace here. I was starting to come home and feel like everybody was staring at me weird. I was starting to feel a little paranoid. A couple things will happen, people will try to check on you. And you just get to the point where it’s like, ‘I don’t feel comfortable at home.’ That’s a bad thing, especially when Toronto inspires so much of the music that I make.”

While he’s been in Toronto, Drake also worked on the video for “Successful,” featuring Lil Wayne and Trey Songz. While on the set, Jamie Foxx stopped by and talked to the upstart MC about his injury, pleading with him to take it easy. Drake said he’s gotten text messages from LeBron James and Chris Paul echoing the sentiment. “[They] told me, ‘This is serious what you’re dealing with, a sports injury,’ ” Drake explained. “Everyone is telling me cool out.”

Via: MTV

, , , , , , , ,

13 Responses to “Video: Drake Thinks Knee Injury Was ‘In The Plan’”

1. humairrr Says:

why don’t you guys just post the whole interview?

or just post parts in one blog..

2. baby Says:

poor drizzy

3. prince Says:

a danny m have you heard a song called GET’EM WAYNE its off of rebirth.

4. prince Says:

why don’t these put up the whole interview about humairr bein fake. dude i swaer humairr if i ever know who you are i would kill you.

5. humairrr Says:

prince, get a life dude,
    just commentin on me for no reasin

FUCK YOU MAN,
    FUCK YOU
    I JUST HOPE THAT IF YOU STEP OUT YOUR GARBAGEHOUSE
    A BIG PIANO FALLS ON YOUR FUCKING BIGASS HEAD.

@ danny:
    ow okay, but they already posted the new one so imma check it out 🙂

6. prince Says:

a humairr i hope a plain just crashes on your whole family and you die. and i hope it drops on your whole familys head bitch.

7. prince Says:

fuck you humairr. you and yo life/oh not bad you will never get a wife/

8. humairrr Says:

never get a wife? 😛

very funny.. seems like you’re a katt williams huh?

9. prince Says:

ya a katt willilams of kicking yo ass. i got fame/dude you just lame/every body on this site the same/

10. prince Says:

humairr you lame/every body on this know the same/and people know i got fame/

1. Through the Glass » Quick scan of the net - drake - August 19, 2009

[…] http://www.youngmoneyhq.com/2009/08/18/video-drake-thinks-knee-injury-was-in-the-plan/giving me a chance to come home, Drake told MTV News about his injury. With the series of events that have happened since I’ve been home, I’ve finally. […]

2. Who plays guitar? » What others have been saying about drake - August 19, 2009