Young Money Boss Cortez Bryant Helping Police Catch Imposter

November 14, 2009 by Danny M

Young Money Boss Cortez Bryant Helping Police Catch Imposter

Someone has apparently been trying to pass themselves off as Cortez Bryant, the manager of rappers Drake and Lil Wayne. According to a statement released by Bryant Management, “It has come to light that an individual has been impersonating Bryant Management CEO Cortez Bryant for financial gain through false bookings of his clients, specifically the much buzzed-about recording artist Drake.”

Bryant, who is also the president of Young Money Entertainment, claims that the impostor has created a false Twitter account and an official-sounding e-mail account in his name, “which he then utilizes to secure and pocket deposits for false bookings and club appearances.” The individual is not named in the statement, and it was not revealed where the alleged incidents took place, but Bryant said he is working with authorities investigating the alleged activity and that he’s confident the person will be arrested soon.

A spokesperson for the publicity firm that released the statement on behalf of Bryant said the impostor has been targeting the Atlanta, Denver, Minneapolis, and Norfolk and Virginia Beach, Virginia, markets, offering to book shows and appearances by Drake, whose gigs are booked solely by the ICM Talent & Literary Agency. The alleged fake Twitter account is credited to “Cortez Bryant The Mgr of Superstar Rapper Lil Wayne.”

Recent tweets contain such messages as “who wants to make some easy money hit me,” “promoters hit me if you want Drake or Wayne for a show” and “getting ready for tour this paperwork is crazy, who wants to help hit me up.” The account appears to have been started in July.

Via MTV

, , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to “Young Money Boss Cortez Bryant Helping Police Catch Imposter”

1. nastyn Says:

dam shame fagget dont gotta life

2. s_vanz@yahoo.com Says:

whats up cortez i was trying to catch up to you bot some business venure 310 886 9124

3. light Says:

keep your head up lil bra,trouble and bullshit dont last forever,haters envy success.proud of ya nigga..

4. MatchDogg Says:

whats good,
    Big fan of YM, Im looking for a manager and someone that can put me in the right direction and hopefully help create a career for me and I heard that your the person to do it. If you want any information or hear what I have feel free , Im 18 and from the caribbean but up in Connecticut. I do HipHop and I write my own music thanks for taking a look of you do.
    8609381094

5. youngkid BD Says:

hmu plz 210-897-5277

6. diann Says:

This is really bad, my son a inspired rapper fell victim to this punk he paid this guy his hard earned money for a collab with lil chukee .. Im so hurt and maf. How could this happen i hope they catch this guy and my son gets his moneyback

7. TPG LOWLIFE Says:

HE GOT ME OUT OF A FEATURE FROM TIGGER!!!!! I HOPE I CATCH HIM BEFORE YPOU DO !!! I STILL HAVE ALL MY PAPERWORK AND HIS ACTIVE EMAIL ACCOUNTS ALSO I WAS CONTACTED BY HIM AT THE UNIVERSAL RECORDS STUDIO IN NY AND TRIED TO CALL HIME BACK FOR PROOF AND IT WAS THE UNIVERSAL RECORDS BUILDING SO HE GOTTA BE SOMEBODY CLOSE TO THE BOY BRYANT . HE HAD “KAREN CIVIL” OR SOMEONE POSING AS HER CONTACT ME AND FINISH ALL MY PAPERWORK !!!! $1700 FROM ME AND $3400 FROM MY PADNA FOR A SHOW !! SOMEBODY HIT ME UP DUSTINLINDSAY@YAHOO.COM
    TPG LOWLIFE