Cory Gunz Speaks On Signing With Young Money Entertainment

May 12, 2010 by Danny M

Cory Gunz Speaks On Signing With Young Money Entertainment

Well, it took a few years, but Cory Gunz has finally signed to Lil Wayne’s Young Money Entertainment. We all thought years ago — in the wake of Gunz dropping lyrics for Weezy’s Tha Carter III blockbuster “A Millie” (Gunz‘s bars never made the album as originally planned, but it did land on mixtapes) — that Cory was going to be down with the team. … But there was the matter of the Bronx native’s recording deal with Def Jam and then President Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter.

“There were miscommunication issues,” Cory said recently in New York about why he’s just now getting down with YM and CM. “Me and other ventures, a bunch of other paperwork. Years ago Wayne took time out of his schedule. He was promoting Tha Carter II and he took time out of his schedule to come from ‘TRL’ and ‘106 and Park’ and come to Sony studio; Shout out to Just Blaze. He took that and remixed it. Wayne did that for free back then. It was a situation that was supposed to go down before, but I was in paperwork with Hov at the time. One thing led to another. I was freed up and he reached out by the powers that be and now I’m here on his label. History is about to be made. He just kept it 100. I got nothing but respect for him. Free Wayne.”

“Shout out to Wayne,” he added. “Shout out to the whole Young Money family. Shout out to Mack Maine. Everybody. It’s definitely official. Young Money/Cash Money. Shout out to Wayne for giving me a shot. He kept it real. All I’mma say, that this is it. This is what it is. Everybody just better get ready.”

Cory has been recording a bunch of material for an album that he had planned to title God Forgives, I Don’t. That LP is now going to be an EP and will be preceded by a gaggle of mixtapes. Cory‘s Young Money debut LP still has no title, but Weezy will steer the ship once he gets home from prison later this year.

“Definitely. Wayne is gonna executive-produce the album,” he explained. “I trust his insight. He’s going to be overseeing everything. I’m gonna keep doing the things I been doing. I think that’s what’s gotten me noticed. I’mma just keep my grind moving. Whatever ventures I can do, I’m bringing my family through. My whole team is gonna eat. I’m just telling everybody to get ready.”

Cory will have no problem getting acclimated into his new family. He has relationships with quite of few of his teammates already.

“I haven’t met Nicki Minaj yet,” Gunz said. “Me and Drake met a while back when they was doing the I Am Music Tour in Arizona. I went over there with Shaquille, and Drake shouted me out onstage. It was something he didn’t have to do. The fact he did that way before I was on Young Money, I was humbled by that. As far as Jae Millz, me and Millz — had a relationship before all of this. I went on my first road tour with Millz. I talk to Chuckee and Twist a lot. Mack, of course, I talk to. Gudda is family, Short Dawg. Shout out to T-Streets too.” – MTV

Looks like I will need to update this website’s header and start posting new Cory Gunz content! Congratulations once again to Gunz, and you can see a video of Birdman confirming the deal here.

, , , , , ,

14 Responses to “Cory Gunz Speaks On Signing With Young Money Entertainment”

1. chcc Says:

1st up…corey gunz a beast

2. Dre Says:

You can add Cory Gunz and Lil Za in the headliner.

3. Milli Man Says:

THAT’S WATZ UP ONLY 1 NEXT TO BE ADDED IS MILLION DOLLA KID AKA MILLI MAN I’LL BE WAITING ~YOUNG MULLA~ FREE WEEZY-

4. chi-kidd Says:

This is the real deal now dat he signed wit ym but he still in milicha i think dat how u spell iT?..but cory dat nigga nobody really listened 2 him i have all his mixtapes his songz be so cold wit it ..this dude should show tha world wat he really about and that iz a (BEAST)STAY UP NIGGA N SHOUT OUT 2 BK I SEE YOU NIGGAZ

5. kidmaze Says:

dammn Y.M is gonna be unstoppable now !

6. King Tfan Says:

that nikka sik man and i dont know why the amilli version wit him didnt come out that nikka killed it YM baby

7. Luiseezy F. Crazy Says:

yes yes yes fuckiing hell da fuck yes to da third power yes cory a beast young money is da shit dat stinks da most believe dis fuckin bullshit oh yea danny u need to update da page we wanna see dat nigga do great things n hear his music exclusive from dis mudafuckin page

8. Lilweezyfan1 Says:

congrats cory 🙂 free weezy

9. WAYNE Says:

start adding his songs! He released a track yesterday called Struggle

10. Nikko Says:

Man YM iz a fucking problem lol if yall dnt fuck wit dem yall some loserz real talk i cant wait 4 what happens in the future 4 them FREE TUNE!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUNG MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Free_Weezy Says:

GUNZ A FUCKIN BEAST!!!!!!!

he comin at niggas heads fa real

WELCOME HOME GUNZ!

12. Frega Bao Says:

Eyo Gunz we are waiting 2 hear yo things keep it real and make it up do yo things boy

1. Cory Gunz – Struggle | Young Money HQ - May 13, 2010

[…] is the first song we are posting on YoungMoneyHQ.com by Young Money’s latest signing, Cory Gunz! Gunz normally spits a fast flow on his tracks, but this one is different. The joint is […]

2. Cory Gunz Speaks On Signing With Young Money Entertainment | The Youngest In Charge - June 13, 2010

[…] Cory Gunz Speaks On Signing with Young Money Entertainment […]