Lil Twist Speaks On Life Without Lil Wayne

May 16, 2010 by Danny M

Lil Twist Speaks On Life Without Lil Wayne

When I first heard Lil Wayne was getting locked up, it felt like how you or anyone else would feel if they were losing a family member. I’ve been knowing him for three to four years now. He took me in as his brother because I don’t have any real brothers and with my dad being in jail we developed a big relationship as far as me staying with him and as far as him teaching me the game. That’s how we built our whole bond. He saw my work ethic and it reminded me of him, and from that point he knew that’s what it was.

I’ve only seen him once since he’s been locked up but everything is good. I talk to him on the phone a lot but I miss being with him because it’s always fun. We talk about everything. Wayne taught me to stay grounded and to pay attention to what’s going on in my surroundings. He also taught me on the music side to work hard at all times, don’t ever let up, and to follow his lead but don’t do what he does. He taught me a lot of what he knows from what he learned when he was my age, like how to break up everything in a song, how to start off a verse and what specific word to use to catch everybody’s ear.

I’m working on my album right now and I’m almost done. I’m using what he taught me and I’ve gotten better. Now, I know I have to work 10 times harder to make Wayne and everybody proud. Young Money is doing great right now. Uncle Stunna Birdman makes sure everything is straight with us while my bro is gone, helping us keep our brand out there. We’ll be fine because Wayne has such a big name and now we have three of the hottest stars in the world, including Drake and Nicki, so we can’t lose. We’re gonna continue to run this game.

This whole experience has taught me to stay humble and not to get in trouble. I don’t even think my bro did anything wrong. With him being who he is and doing what he does, he needs protection, but there’s different rules in every spot so we’re gonna just make it through. I can’t wait until we can put this behind us.

I’m looking forward to working with him again. I’m looking forward to fun and games. I’m looking forward to talking to him about everything like I used to. I just want him to be proud when he sees me. I love my bro.

Via VIBE

, , , , ,

15 Responses to “Lil Twist Speaks On Life Without Lil Wayne”

1. uuh Says:

Man I Miss Dat Dude

2. Mickybonez Says:

I would like to get signed to youngmoney.i can rap,breakdance and write songs.who wants me man and sorry to lil wayne.GOD is with you man.my email is(ephraimkuhe@email.com)

3. Kyla Says:

He got a point b cause wayne probaly is a hot man and he did and still in the rap game and like he said they still got nicki and drake so they will be alright and i just know tyga will do and the whole young money will do good.

4. BrYaN Says:

wezzy F. baby forever

5. JAIYE Says:

FREE TUNECHI*****

KEEP THA REAL HIP HOP GOIN’….CHECK OUT MY MUSIC

MYSPACE.COM/JAIYE05DRAGON

THA LAST DRAGON THE MIXTAPE VOL.1 COMIN SOON

6. YM LOVER Says:

wyane will always be wyane and even if he did do it jst like he said in “roger that” he a gof ball and he will still be the lil wyane he waz today and forever

PEACE TO LIL WAYNE NOT JST HIM TO ALLL YM…..A MEN

7. b man Says:

u rul
    lil wayne

8. !!LiL BuSTAH!! Says:

wayne should be let out cuz i believe he didnt do anything…YOUNG MONEY FOR LIFE!!!!

9. KRYSTAL Says:

WEEZY I FUCKEN LOVE YOU WHILE YOUR IN THERE KEEP YA HEAD UP AND FUCK ALL THOSE PUSSY ASS HATERS DONT TRUST NOBODY IN THERE AINT NOBODY YOUR FRIEND THEY JUST WANNA USE YOU DONT LET THEM CAGE YOUR SOUL OR YOUR SPIRT YOULL GET THROUGH THIS BEST OF LUCK AND YOU WILL ALWAYS REMAIN IN MY PRAYERS AND IN MY HEART LUV YA YOUR FUTURE WIFEY ~KRYSTAL

10. KRYSTAL Says:

FREE WEEZY LET MY BABY GO FREE WEEZY

11. Lau'ren Says:

mahn ii love wayne i look up to `em even thouqh iima qirl [[he liike another biq bro]] and ii dont think he did nothinq wronq….if protectinq yhoo self is wronq lots of people would be in jail or juviee [[ R E A L R A P]
    F R E E W A Y N E

12. Temi Labinjo Says:

My name is Temi. I live in london but i have nigerian descent so i go to school at Day Waterman College in nigeria. We have a hip/hop group called the G-Boys and we are really good. I can rap,sing, dance, crip walk and write songs. I would like to join young money so you can contact me at schoolboi22@hotmail.co.uk
    Please get back to me. 🙂 i want to become a star

13. Sharge aka "Lil infrared" Says:

Im one of the top rapper in ma whole school “made 17 songs” and would like to get signed to YM (shargeeaton@hotmail.com)

1. Tweets that mention Lil Twist Speaks On Life Without Lil Wayne | Young Money HQ -- Topsy.com - May 16, 2010

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Lil Wayne HQ. Lil Wayne HQ said: Lil Twist Speaks On Life Without Lil Wayne: When I first heard Lil Wayne was getting locked up, it felt like h.. http://tinyurl.com/29dv6fs […]

2. Lil Wayne Laughs At Ex-Wife Toya’s Rapping x More | Lil Wayne HQ - May 23, 2010

[…] Lil Twist Speaks On Life Without Lil Wayne | Gudda Gudda Talks About Lil Wayne’s Incarceration | Tyga Says: “Lil Wayne Is Holding His Head Up In Prison” | Lil Chuckee Speaks On Last Experience With Lil Wayne & More […]