Drake Says He Could Never Hold It Down For Lil Wayne

May 26, 2010 by Danny M

“You know what, man? I rap and I rap very confident. But in my actually head, I can never hold down Young Money because I’m not Lil Wayne. Lil Wayne is who we look up to. He’s our mentor. I will definitely do everything to keep the brand going, keep Young Money on people’s minds. But Lil Wayne is the only one — he’s the epicenter of that all. I definitely don’t wanna take on that responsibility. I just wanna put out this album, give the people this great music and have the people understand it’s coming from Young Money. If you do enjoy it, then please, give all the credit to Young Money because that’s who I represent. But as far as me being able to ‘hold it down,’ that’s not even a conversation. Lil Wayne is Lil Wayne. He’s my hero, my mentor and he’s the reason I’m here. I do it in honor of him as opposed to filling the void.”

Via MTV

, , , , , , ,

19 Responses to “Drake Says He Could Never Hold It Down For Lil Wayne”

1. weezy Says:

Well Said

2. tygababy Says:

thats my nigga

3. kingpin Says:

True loyality

4. albert pajotte Says:

Shout out to Drake and the Young Money squad!
    I swear man the only person stopping me from rapping is Lil Wayne I swear to God. Its not fair he’s the best(period)

5. Name (required) Says:

6. Lilweezyfan1 Says:

Go Drake and shout to young money 🙂 free weezy 🙂

7. jake Says:

drake is a g

8. von Says:

Drake showed some real loyalty and we all no he rap confident

9. Tuchi Says:

“While most of my closet friends are out partying, I’m just here making the music that they party too . . party on . . party on”

Respect to Dreezy . . Holding it down for YM/CM

*FreeTunechi ( :

10. kryspy Says:

i already got half of this niggas leaks..whole cd gonna be fire

11. k-chill Says:

drake is a king but wayne is a god,well said my nigga but do your thing,im really waiting 4 drake 2 sell as many albums as the carter 3,probably not ”thank me later” but anone he come out wit.im still looking at wayne come out wit new shit but im exprcting drake 2 surprise me 2.keep it up and both of u will be legends.i aint frggeting the other young money cliq,i just dont feel like typing,lol,yall keep it up man.

12. hhhsdhd Says:

FUCK DRAKE FUCK YOUNG MONEY. YALL SOME FAGGOTS DAT KISS OTHER MEN. DRAKE IS WASHED UP. WIZ KHALIFA IS THE BEST NIGGA!!!

13. frega bao Says:

Dat’s it Dizzy D

14. juliet Says:

hey yo man,i love your comment so much,i wish you could keep it real for my man,cos i love that niggar so much,please just keep it real okay.you what?i love ym so much wit passion keep it up man you are the man.

15. juliet Says:

i just want us to be friend do you mind.

16. devil kid Says:

wiz khalifa is nothing madafaka young money is the best

17. MR. BOBBY Says:

THATS THE MOVE FROM JUMP.

1. Video: Lil Wayne – Knockout (Feat Nicki Minaj) [Sneak Peek] | Lil Wayne HQ - May 26, 2010

[…] MTV YMHQ: Drake Says He Could Never Hold It Down For Lil Wayne VN:F [1.8.0_1031]please wait…Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)Tweet This!Share this on FacebookDigg […]

2. Tweets that mention Drake Says He Could Never Hold It Down For Lil Wayne | Young Money HQ -- Topsy.com - May 26, 2010

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Lil Wayne HQ, ✞✔ Verified Star✯✞ . ✞✔ Verified Star✯✞ said: RT @LilWayneHQ: Drake Says He Could Never Hold It Down For Lil Wayne: “You know what, man? I rap and I rap very confiden.. http://tinyurl.com/26xvrnf […]