Nicki Minaj Shoots A Music Video For “Your Love”

July 7, 2010 by Danny M

“I was not planning on putting the song out at all,” she told MTV News over the weekend on the “Your Love” video set. “But then I heard it one day, somebody told me it was online. And I was like, ‘No way, no way in the world that song is out.’ I went and listened to it and was really upset. It wasn’t mixed, it wasn’t finished, it wasn’t anything — I wasn’t gonna use it at all. But then radio started playing it.”

Soon enough, the record shot up to #1; the last woman to rule the rap charts was Missy Elliott with “Work It.”

“Isn’t that crazy?” Nicki said. “Crazy. I don’t even know how it feels to have a #1 hit right now. But it’s amazing.” – MTV

I think it’s crazy that a record Nicki Minaj wasn’t even going to put out has gone to #1 in the charts.

, , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to “Nicki Minaj Shoots A Music Video For “Your Love””

1. DaziaNaecole Says:

First to Comment!
    Y A Y ! (:
    love the songg.

2. Matheo Says:

That song is much much better than Masive Attack so i can’t understand why Nicki not planning to put this song out :/

3. Nicki Minaj Brasil Says:

I dont think that leaks diffucults an artist career, ‘cuz many artists be known after their songz leaked in the internet, like remixes, freestyles, parodies, and a lot more. As Drizzy said once ”Let they hear… when they go to story they ‘ll know what they’re buying.”

Shout out to Young Money HQ!

4. ViiLLAiiN Says:

that song wasnt even all that good so idk how it made it to number one. but good shit on that one

5. lilweezyfan1 Says:

sweet im soo happy. i love this song to 🙂 free weezy 🙂

6. freeweezycuzhegre Says:

so dose this mean its not gonna be on the album???

7. ginuwine2407 Says:

re: to freeweezycuzhegre

ya it should be on the album…

as for this song people have been waiting for nicki to put out a video…just dont understand why shes was like..”im not gonna use it” nicki i mean come on, this song is a true hit…
    please make a video for it already!!!

free weezy!!

8. markeese b Says:

its amazing how brilliant she is, some of her shit on mixtapes should of blew up big too. much luv nicki an young mula.

9. taya aka t-swizzle Says:

he was adam i think i was eve but my vision ends with the apple on the tree.i looooooove those lyrics!!!!!!!!

10. Roman Zolanski Jr. Says:

look at my girl…so fine…luv her so fuckin much…muah!

1. Tweets that mention Nicki Minaj Shoots A Music Video For “Your Love” | Young Money HQ -- Topsy.com - July 7, 2010

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Lil Wayne HQ, Lil Wayne HQ and others. Lil Wayne HQ said: Nicki Minaj Shoots A Music Video For “Your Love”: “I was not planning on putting the song out at all,” she … http://tinyurl.com/23v47mn […]

2. Nicki Minaj Promises Debut Album Will Drop This Year | Young Money HQ - July 8, 2010

[…] she’s released the song “Massive Attack,” and the rapper is currently prepping the video for “Your Love,” an accidental single that landed atop the Billboard Rap Songs […]