Drake Says R&B Mixtape Is Coming “Very Soon”

August 5, 2010 by Danny M

“Me and 40 working on it,” Drake said in Toronto at his OVO Festival. “I got you. I think I got a great body of work with that tape. I’m gonna do it like I do all my other tapes. I’m gonna make a night out of it. Just make sure you’re on the net that night downloading, and it’s yours. I feel the people deserve it. It’s hard for me to put out free rap albums these days. So the best I can do is switch genres and put something out for free. It’ll be yours very soon.”

Via MTV, and who is looking forward to this tape โ“

BONUS: Hit the jump to watch a video of Birdman showing off his “October’s Very Own” jacket given to him by Drizzy.

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

14 Responses to “Drake Says R&B Mixtape Is Coming “Very Soon””

1. tune Says:

can’t wait, hope its better than so far gone cause that was better than thank me later imo

2. tune Says:

and hope there is a weezy feature

3. Laurence Says:

LOL @ Baby not knowing what ATF is

4. carteryeahhh Says:

@tune: I’m not sure if it’ll be better than So Far Gone since that was amazing and this will be r&b not rap but I hope so
    I think fall for your type & I’m ready for you will be on it…any word on how soon it’s coming out? First time hearing about this for me

5. Lilweezyfan1 Says:

nice i can’t wait. i love drake. ๐Ÿ™‚ and the jackte is sick. free weezy ๐Ÿ™‚

6. carteryeahhh Says:

ok, what is ATF?? haha sorry I don’t know…and also…what exactly is october’s very own or why did drake ever come up with that…i know it’s a blog but what’s the background behind it!?? sick jacket, where can you get one?

7. dave r Says:

Laurence – you right man, he went speechless when the logo came on and then said “AF” rofl

8. YungNizzy14 Says:

Thts wassup cant wait, real talk a rap mixtape would be nice tho but i’ll take what i can get FREE TUNE/YOUNG MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. J-hunt da Prodigy Says:

Well, a rap mixtape would’ve been dope, but I be vibing with Drake’s R&B records to, so that’s gone be dope, and lol, am I the only one who notices who Birdman doesn’t seem aware of what’s going on sometimes

10. K-Freshz Says:

in my opinion so far gone is the best piece of music he ever made!!! like its basically what made people start liking him,so i dont think any future mixtapes will be better than so far gone, but its obvious he could do more things now with his new style of singing and rapping…so this new mixtape will still be fire tho!!!!!

11. the real ace boogie Says:

ym fan here . . .drake goes hard all the time i neva heard a wak verse & i like his raps better than his singing but both is good

12. wayneJR Says:

its gonna b dope! i cant wait! ๐Ÿ™‚ FREE WEEZY! ๐Ÿ™‚

13. RainF Says:

Drake,Niko,40, and Oliver’s birthdays are in(so corny) and ATF stands for ALL Thingz Fresh.

1. Tweets that mention Drake Says R&B Mixtape Is Coming โ€œVery Soonโ€ | Young Money HQ -- Topsy.com - August 5, 2010

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Lil Wayne HQ, Wana F. Haley, DanielAlexRuiz, โœ”Jamaal Simmons, Laurie-E Joseph and others. Laurie-E Joseph said: RT @LilWayneHQ: Drake Says R&B Mixtape Is Coming "Very Soon" x Birdman shows off October's Very Own jacket – http://tinyurl.com/39jpuvl […]