November 8, 2010 by Danny M

Interviews, Latest News

“Everybody around me was just playin’ me, including Wayne,” Drake told MTV News in an exclusive post-show interview. “I talked to him on the phone and he was like, ‘I’ll see you in Miami. I got my party. I hope you make it.’ So I hit ‘Tez who manages me and Wayne and I said, ‘You’re not coming to the last show?’ And he was like, ‘No man, can’t make it.’ That’s how I hit the stage tonight. I got no surprises for these people. They all think Wayne is coming and he’s not coming.”

“After the hook of ‘Miss Me,’ ” Drake said, “I heard … Wayne’s verse. I didn’t quite know what was going on. I looked back and there’s the man. I jumped higher than I’ve ever jumped in my entire life.” – MTV

If you missed Lil Wayne coming out for Drake‘s “Miss Me” performance, then you can watch it here! Also, hit the jump to watch Drizzy speak about his “Light Dreams & Nightmares” tour and expecting to hit the studio soon with Tunechi.

“I think about where we were four or five months ago, and what we were doing, and I’m just so proud of everybody around me,” Drizzy said in a sit-down with MTV News following the tour’s final stop in Las Vegas Saturday. “The band, adding … my back-up singer, she’s doing great, she’s from Toronto, you know I gotta shout her out. Everyone involved has just grown.”

“When I look at pictures and I look at clips online, visually… it looks great, it looks like what I wanted it to look like,” he said. With the successful tour behind him, Drizzy maintained the he’s ready for a new challenge.

“For tonight to be the last night, I’m gonna retire that set and that vision and the name, Light Dreams and Nightmares, and I’m gonna go onto the next thing,” he said. The “Find Your Love” crooner added that he’s glad to have Weezy back in the mix as he embarks on his next endeavor.

“I can’t wait to grow even more, especially with Wayne being out,” he grinned. “It’s gonna be a great year.”

“I would be super surprised if I didn’t get a phone call saying, ‘Let’s go to the studio,’ ” Drake said. – MTV

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “Drake Reveals Lil Wayne’s Vegas Cameo Surprised Him x Expects To Record With Weezy Soon”

1. Waves Says:

1st!!
    WEEZY GOIN IN

GOOD TO C U BAK!

2. lilweezyfan1 Says:

yeah that’s was up 🙂 welcome home weezy 🙂

3. YungNizzy14 Says:

Glad he home man no homo but i actually feel different now tht he bak and im a million fuckin miles away lol TUNECHI HM/ YMCMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. YO Says:

yea u could tell he didnt know cause he was jumping around like a happy ass kid lol

5. YeahBaby Says:

sweet !!!

6. Ratchet Says:

202 255 0355

7. Devante Says:

I am so excited about this hip hop music news that Drake will be heading back into the studio with Lil Wayne to record some new rap songs soon. These are two of my favorite rappers in the game and so this is definitely an exciting collaboration. Drakes has an amazing year with the release of his debut album Thank Me Later and classic rap songs such as “Best I Ever Had” and “Forever” giving him huge hits. Drakes music videos were incredible too and some of the hottest rap & hip hop music videos in the game. Lil Wayne is such a hot rapper too and Lil Waynes music and Lil Waynes music videos are dope too and so I cannot wait to hear their hot new collaborations.

8. Mike tantaruna Says:

Drake and weezy= unstoppable motha fukn hits. Favorite artist of all time. Can’t wait to hear that new beat from these to rappas. New album baby.

9. Kari Hollowell Says:

The trials and tribulations we went thru to get tickets and a hotel room last minute, with the Fight st MGM, then Drake concert all on the same day was crazy!!! Then after spending big $$ for tickets for Drake and then get to the venue and the tickets being fake, I was ready to kill a muthaf$&@r!!! But by the grace of god the VP of the Hard Rock, ROCKS!!!! He was very understanding of our situation and allowed us to get in and see the concert!!! I can’t even put it in words, the night was absolutely “PRICELESS”!!! it was worth all the bullshit we went thru just to see WEEZY F. BABY!!!!! and the rest of YMCMB!!!! Looking forward to YMCMB to go on tour!!! To also top of the day of the concert, I saw Drakes mom at the MGM, I even helped her get paper towels to dry her hands!!! BEST VEGAS TRIP EVER!!!!! YMCMB FAN FOREVER!!!!

1. Photos: Lil Wayne & Drake Perform In Las Vegas [Part 2] | Lil Wayne HQ - November 13, 2010

[…] days ago, we posted up some photos of Lil Wayne joining Drake on stage for a surprise to perform their collabo “Miss Me“. Now we have even more great photos from that show […]