Drake Shelves R&B Mixtape For Take Care Album

February 9, 2011 by Danny M

Drake Shelves R&B Mixtape For Take Care Album

Drake recently announced that he will be shelving his R&B mixtape titled It’s Never Enough, so that he can focus on working on his sophomore album titled Take Care.

I am truly enjoying my life right now. Its been so long since I have wrote anything on here because I feel like for a while I was trying to digest it all and save it for the music. But its finally set in that I am living my dreams and doing with all my closest friends from Toronto. I wake up and never know what to expect from any given day but good or bad I always learn something from it. I have decided that I am going to push “It’s Never Enough” and focus completely on delivering Take Care to you all. I feel like my mind is truly ready to make this next album NOW and I don’t want that feeling to escape me. My mother is doing well for all who have been asking. She went to her first swimming class the other day and won gold…not really but you know what I mean. OVO gang is all smiles and 40 is making some of the best music I have heard in my entire career. I am in the airport right now headed to LA to meet up with Boi-1da tonight. Its all feeling right. Its truly been a pleasure to speak again. Thank you for all your energy. Soon. Guidance.

, , , , , , , , , ,

20 Responses to “Drake Shelves R&B Mixtape For Take Care Album”

1. Carter IV Says:

Just cuz i neva said it before… First!!! Haha… Yes baby Drake is back nd congrats on your mom’s health Drizzy, Thank God she doing betta! YMCMB All Day!

2. steph Says:

love drake!
    he looks cute with his hair

YMCMB!!!

3. Scar Says:

Wow no mixtape? No hype…he needs to hop on as many features as possiblee

4. Tunechi Says:

Fourthhh… Lol….. Drizzy is baack… I’ve beeeeen waiting for a next Drake albumm…
    Also, it’s a gud thing ur mom doing bettr…
    Do wat u do best..

5. YungNizzy14 Says:

Disappointed but thts wassup means will probably get the album before summer, i dnt understand the mixtape its been in the works since like october he coulda be workin hard and already been done but its whateva Drake gonna kill em wit this one. He should definately have more YM on this one like Short, Millz or Gudda. YMCMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Shaquinn Says:

yeah…. i was anticipating that shit way more than his actual album… so drake, you just lost a fan there….

7. KbNY5990 Says:

Drake I’m happy to hear your mom is doing well. I know this albums gunna blow us all away. i just hope you do a few hard songs with gudda or maybe even GUCCI!

8. lilweezyfan1 Says:

i happy to hear about ur mom drake. your albums are going to be sick. i can’t wait :)

9. deyon r. Says:

hey dake my name is deyon as u can see. but anyways i myself love to write music and i am a huge fan of yours. I belive that we all have a story to tell and i like to tell mine with music. everyday i look at my little boy and i always hope i can give him more. I am only 17 and will b getting tomorrow. i just want u to know that u inspire me and i hope that maybe we will me at the top someday ok bye and i hope you will reply or something . Peace.

10. Drizzy_barbie16 Says:

iwanna keep tweeting u but icant i gta wait till i get a laptop.!!!!!! aubrey ily thys is Drizzy_barbie16 frm twitter ily cant wait to go 2 ur concerts so u can sign my boobzz :) there big but of course u already kno tht…cant wait 4 ur album to come out im still listnin 2 TML ;) *muah* ok byee -your 16 y.o lover

11. Drakes_barbie16 Says:

12. uuh Says:

TIME FOR A HAIRCUT !!

13. Luiseezy F. Crazy Says:

wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!! fuck that shit drake i was fuckin waiting for some r&b you fucking got melodies men that is bullshit at least drop the songs you have recorded real talk thats fucked up!

14. yohan kareem greene Says:

DRAKER you are the fucking best man young money to the death

15. N3RD Says:

wtf daaaaaaaaaam dr ake ive been waitin for dat fukin rnb mixtape 4 a long time nigga jus release dat shit hurry up…………..owwww but yea album or mixtape drake still gonna go hard …….i hope itz even better den his first album

16. grizzy Says:

Lookin forward to your new album happy to hear about your mom

17. Jonathan Torres Says:

Drake is the best raper singer and to me young money will not be nothing with out drake.

18. KaJuan Penton Says:

D.R.A.K.E congrats to your beautiful mother on her wellness and good health. Stay True to you because you inspire ALL you true fans, hopefully the ignant axx mfers 2. You inspire us to find the real uss everyday even through all the drama and canniving bullshit and facebook and twitter rapping/beef. We must learn to rise above that as people, humans, and most of all individuals. I thank you because your music is one of the few things that helps me do this. I like many fans try just to support you in any way possible, any and every chance I get, for as you said “I’m trying to Do Better Than Good Enough”
    –KING

1. Drake – Trust Issues | Young Money HQ - June 21, 2011

[...] was produced by 40 and Adrian X. I wonder if all these tracks were supposed to be on Drake‘s R&B mixtape Anyways, you can listen and download the record [...]