Drake – Headlines

July 31, 2011 by Danny M

New Music

Drake Headlines

And here is the first official single from Drake‘s upcoming Take Care album, which drops on October 24th. The record is called “Headlines” and was produced by Boi-1da.

You can download the audio from OVO!

, , , , , , , ,

19 Responses to “Drake – Headlines”

1. NBAizMyLife Says:

1st…….. banger

2. humairrr Says:

This is dope… hope he doesn’t shoot a video that makes the song weak… again :(

3. ICE Says:

3rd

4. planetfreedum Says:

Love this song as well … http://goo.gl/QhiUW

5. Daknite Says:

Drake A Fuckin beast

6. 9thWD NarDy Says:

I might be too strung out on compliments, overdosed on confidence
    Starting not to give a fuck and stop fearing the consequence
    Drinking every night because we drink to my accomplishments
    Faded way too long I’m floatin’ in and out of conciousness
    And they sayin’ I’m back, I’d agree with that
    I just take my time with all this shit I still believe in that
    I had someone tell me I fell off ooh I needed that
    And they want to see me pick back up well where’d I leave it at
    I know I exaggerated things, now I got it right, yeah
    Tuck my napkin in my shirt ’cause I’m just mobbin’ like that
    You know good and well that you don’t want a problem like that
    You gon make someone around me catch a body like that
    No, don’t do it, please don’t do it, cause one of us goes in and we all go through it
    And Drizzy got the money, so Drizzy gon pay it
    Those my brothers I ain’t even gotta say it

That’s just something they know.

They know, they know, they know
    They know, they know, they know
    They know, they know, they know

Yeah, they know, (yeah)
    That the real is on the rise
    Fuck them other guys
    I even gave them a chance to decide, now it’s something they know.

They know, they know, they know

Yeah, I be yelling out money over everything, money on my mind
    Then she wanna ask when it got so empty
    Tell her I apologize, happened over time
    She says they miss the old Drake, girl don’t tempt me
    If they don’t get they’ll be over you
    That new shit that you got is overdue
    You better do what you supposed to do
    I’m like why I gotta be all that but I still can’t deny the fact that that it’s, true
    Listen to you expressin’ all them feelings, soap opera rappers all these niggas sound like all my children
    And that’s who you thinkin’ is ’bout to come and make a killing
    I guess it really is just me myself and all my millions
    You know that they ain’t even got it like that
    You gon hype me up and make me (touch\catch?) (a\her?) body like that
    Cause I live for this it isn’t just a hobby like that
    When they get my shit and play it I ain’t even gotta say it, they know

They know, they know, they know
    They know, they know, they know
    They know, they know, they know

Yeah, they know, (yeah)
    That the real is on the rise
    Fuck them other guys
    I even gave them a chance to decide, now it’s something they know.
    They know, they know, they know

[I be yelling out money over everything, money on my mind. Mind, mind mind]
    [Tell 'em I apologize, happened over time. Time, time time]
    [They know]

7. Drizzy Says:

Needs to do more rapping

8. @rans0m3 Says:

dammn rawwww

9. Matheo22 Says:

Nothing Special Over from Thank Me Later was much better first single .

10. bknyhustle Says:

It’s a catchy song, pretty good. I like Dreams Money Can Buy and Marvin’s Room more than this.

Honestly Drake hasn’t really been able to pick a good home run single since he blew up in 09. Not that his single choices were bad, it’s just that they weren’t the best ones. I have a feeling there are going to be some album tracks on Take Care that are much better than this song- kind of like Fancy, Shut It Down, Unforgettable, and Show Me a Good Time on Thank Me Later.

Drake’s a lot better off with 40 or someone else doing his singles than Boi-1da IMO. Boi-1da’s not bad, but his beats aren’t that great either. Best I Ever Had, Forever, Up All Night, Drake’s hooks carry those songs more than the production. That’s the case here, too.

Take Care sounds like it’s going to be dope still, as good or better than Thank Me Later.

11. The Kid Says:

Now That’s What I Am Talkin About My Nigga Killed It Headlines Is A Dope Single I Been Playin It All Day 2day And Can’t Wait For The Second Album Take Care Gonna Be Good I Already Know When It Drops I’m Pickin It Up On The First Day Just Like I Did With Thank Me Later Do Ya Thang Drake Do Right And Kill Everything Young Money

12. Hector Says:

although i wouldnt mind tupac back, DRIZZY BACK!

nothing negative about this song! anyone saying so trippin!

P.S. @humairrr co-sign.

13. YMCMB Ngga Says:

uuumm not first single marvin rooom is

14. YoungxTunechi Says:

I had someone tell me I fell off, ooh I needed that – Drizzy Drake proved all them haters.

15. DanYMCMB4ever Says:

They Know…

16. Akillees Says:

i think marvin’s Room is Just a Single Like Forever Was

17. andile Says:

yaw drake that shit z dope do ja thng

1. Video: Drake Speaks To Billboard About His Take Care Album | Young Money HQ - August 3, 2011

[...] Drake about his Take Care album after his OVO Festival on July 31st. Drizzy says that his “Headlines” single is by no means the best song on the album, and that his album will probably have a [...]