Lil Twist Speaks On Nicki Minaj’s GRAMMY Performance, Whitney Houston & More

February 20, 2012 by Danny M

Interviews

Lil Twist Speaks On Nicki Minaj GRAMMY Performance, Whitney Houston & More

Before releasing his Don’t Get It Twisted album on March 20th, Lil Twist plans to drop two more free projects for the fans. One of the projects is his Defeat Ain’t A Option mixtape, which will include features from Wiz Khalifa and Waka Flocka Flame.

“Actually it took longer than three weeks in Miami to record the tape,” Twist told XXLMag about Three Weeks In Miami, while laughing on the way to taping BET’s 106 & Park in New York on Wednesday. “But we felt like we should just go with it and keep the name. I got record titles like, ‘The Thrill,’ which I use, for the opening record on my mixtape,” Twist explained. “I got records like ‘Pop It Off’ and ‘Let It Go.’ We went in on this tape. Khalil, I’m bringing him out more, as far as the YMCMB brand. It’s just me and him, as far as the tape goes. We have eight songs,” he added. “Then, I have a part two with another eight songs that we’re gonna put out in about two or three weeks. It’s amazing to me,” Twist said of his underground following. “I’ve been doing mixtapes since I came out. I’m growing on each mixtape. My fan base is growing with each mixtape and I’m seeing more and more downloads with each mixtape.”

Twizzy also spoke about his Young Money label-mate Nicki Minaj’s performance at the 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards and his thoughts on Whitney Houston’s death.

“I loved Nicki’s song and performance,” Twist beamed to XXLMag in New York City recently. “I love Nicki’s whole swagger. She doesn’t care what anyone else thinks. That’s what I really love about my sister and how she goes about herself. That performance was Nicki. That’s all I can, say—it was so Nicki. It was super surreal, it was crazy. Being in L.A., I got the news and I was the first person to tell my mom. She was very hurt. It was crazy, man. I talked to Bobbi Christina a minute ago—when I first came into music—through a mutual friend in L.A. My heart goes out to her family.”

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Responses to “Lil Twist Speaks On Nicki Minaj’s GRAMMY Performance, Whitney Houston & More”

1. owlpak Says:

true about nicki,,, and i cant wait for all those projects u got on the way

2. King~Samson Says:

Nicki is, A PHYSCO !!!

3. Xicano101 Says:

On DatPiff his Yearbook album has 71,000 downloads, Class President has 54,000 downloads, The Takeover has 44,000 downloads, The Golden Child has 9,000 downloads, and 3 Weeks In Miami isn’t even on the website. So tell me Twist, how are your mixtapes getting more and more downloads with each one you put out?

4. Mrs_Cortez_Bryant Says:

@Xicano101 your comment literally made me laugh out loud but, did you check any other mixtape sites? I believe his mixtapes are getting more & more downloads but there are other sites besides datpiff.

5. Tiara Says:

Xicano101 you a fucking hater lil twist doing his fucking do you have more money then him….no are you signed…umm no so shut the fuck up bitch ass nigga

6. Tiara Says:

Xicano101 you a fucking hater lil twist doing his fucking thing do you have more money then him….no are you signed…umm no so shut the fuck up bitch ass nigga

7. Xicano101 Says:

No I don’t and am not but I have a first amendment and am not a hater, let’s face it Twist isn’t that great, stop riding his dick, look at his freshmen class, Mac Miller, Big KRIT, Meek Mill, Diggy Simmons, YG, even Lil B gets more hype. Oj Da Juiceman is signed and has money does that mean he is a great rapper? Birdman has money and he isn’t that good of a rapper. Soulja has money, that automatically makes him a GREAT rapper, that’s what your saying? if someone is signed and has money they are good rappers.