Drake Talks “Thank Me Later” Lyricism

October 27, 2009 by Danny M

Drake Talks Thank Me Later Lyricism

Young Money‘s Drake recently revealed more details surrounding his forthcoming Thank Me Later debut album and said he nearly saved his latest track, “Fear“, for the solo project.

Drizzy also discussed the importance of rappers being more versatile.

“Lyrically, I want to keep the album as genuine and honest as ‘Fear’ is, but musically there will be a little more energy,” he promised. “There will be more moments of triumph, because my life is the best it’s ever been in my 22 years of existence. I want my music to reflect that, but I still want to be able to relate and connect with people. It’s a good indication. There will obviously be some variation — not every track is going to sound like that. I was actually going to save ‘Fear’ for the album, but I wanted to give people another reason to buy the [So Far Gone] EP…You’ve really got to come out and offer people something that’s never been done before or something at a very high level. Take someone like Kanye West who produces, sings, writes and does fashion. He’s beyond the full package. I think that’s becoming requirement these days. You have to do everything.”

Via SOHH

, , , , , , , ,

9 Responses to “Drake Talks “Thank Me Later” Lyricism”

1. Leslie Says:

I think Drake is extremely talented and I believe he’s capable of accomplishing a lot of great things in his career and honestly I already see him going down in history as a hip-hop legend just like Jay-Z.

2. Bighov Says:

How is this guy Lyrical, he’s still in dypers and the only lyrics he knows is wayne’s – okay so wayne is lyrical – fuckin idots.. don’t know real hiphop!

3. EL ALEMAN Says:

First and foremost i love musik period. i respect the whole youngmoney crew. but i have one question??? you need a fluent spanish rapper. THATS ME!!! holla at ya’ll boy… (484)-769-6778 or email me where i can send my demo…

thanks for your time!!!

4. marcus sisk Says:

Drake you are one of the best rappas in da game

5. brisll Says:

Drake i seen you on Degrassi its hard to take you real after watching you act .

6. killa Says:

let me get your address so i can send you a demo to see if i can get down wit young money

7. Focusraps Says:

im wit that to i want to be down wit young money im a 12 year old rapper and ive ben dreamen and decide im ready to stop dreamen so i need ur numba or addresses or somethan

1. Tweets that mention Drake Talks “Thank Me Later” Lyricism | Young Money HQ -- Topsy.com - October 27, 2009

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Cameron Hale, Jakima Jardé. Jakima Jardé said: RT @LilWayneHQ: Drake Talks "Thank Me Later" Lyricism – http://bit.ly/4xrdbw […]